- Case Studies
Acts of the Apostles, Baptism with the Holy Spirit, Christ, Christianity, God, Gospel of Matthew, Holy Spirit, Is there faith, Jerusalem, Jesus, Pentecost, Prayer, receive the baptism, the Holy Spirit,
“And look, I am sending the promise of My Father upon you. But wait in the city of Jerusalem until you are clothed with power from on high.” (Luke 24:49)
Here are the answers to why many do not receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit.
1. Jesus left His inheritance for His disciples;
2. However, the possession of this inheritance required them to “wait in Jerusalem”
3. Waiting in Jerusalem meant believing in the Promise, even during the persecutions that existed at the time. This means if they wanted to receive the inheritance, they would have to endure persecution and not hide.
This also meant they would need to forget their momentary needs and NOT THINK about anything other than receiving the blessed inheritance – the Holy Spirit.
4. The faithful should do their part by waiting in Jerusalem in order to receive the promise. This is faith! Because of this, they can and should CHARGE God their rights to the inheritance;
5. The Lord will fulfill His part by coming upon you… so you can serve as a witness. You may even say, “Lord, I did my part, but You have not done Yours.”
Is there faith in you for this?
“He commanded them, “ Do not depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father…” (Acts 1:4).
“…you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses… to the ends of the earth,” (Acts 1:8).
Bishop Edir Macedo
Follow me on Twitter
6th June 2016
Bishop! It's true that when you are not willing to abandon your old life to truely accept Jesus Christ as your personal saviour, you can not recieve the Holy Spirit. As the name is holy, so no one put clean water into a dirty cup and the Spirit of God cann't dwell in person who is still attached to the things of the world.
12th June 2016
Thank you bishop, as Jesus said it, I will remain in Jerusalem, I will remain on the altar until He fills me with His Spirit.
21st June 2016
If one truly needs the Holy Spirit dearly, he or she must wait in jerusalem for the promises. while waiting the thought, the heart and soul must be on receiving the promises which is the Holy Spirit and surely God will grant His promises as you would have a right for them as you had followed the instructions. Thank you Bishop
30th June 2016
To wait in Jerusalem until we received the Holy spirit , we must be awake in our salvation, to forget about our old life ,to do the will of God he is Holy we must be Holy.
Post a Comment