“And look, I am sending the promise of My Father upon you. But wait in the city of Jerusalem until you are clothed with power from on high.” (Luke 24:49)
Here are the answers to why many do not receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit.
1. Jesus left His inheritance for His disciples;
2. However, the possession of this inheritance required them to “wait in Jerusalem”
3. Waiting in Jerusalem meant believing in the Promise, even during the persecutions that existed at the time. This means if they wanted to receive the inheritance, they would have to endure persecution and not hide.
This also meant they would need to forget their momentary needs and NOT THINK about anything other than receiving the blessed inheritance – the Holy Spirit.
4. The faithful should do their part by waiting in Jerusalem in order to receive the promise. This is faith! Because of this, they can and should CHARGE God their rights to the inheritance;
5. The Lord will fulfill His part by coming upon you… so you can serve as a witness. You may even say, “Lord, I did my part, but You have not done Yours.”
Is there faith in you for this?
“He commanded them, “ Do not depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father…” (Acts 1:4).
“…you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses… to the ends of the earth,” (Acts 1:8).