- Case Studies
There are certain people who have ‘chronic annoyance’, but most only suffer from a few sporadic episodes. Unfortunately, in both cases, the person doesn’t realise it.
Outsiders realise this easily, but the bearer of the annoyance is the last one to know.
So, if you have doubts regarding whether or not you are extremely annoying, analyse the situations below and see if you identify with any of them. If you fall into one or more of them, it is good to treat it, meaning fix it immediately!
• You complain about life, work, traffic, family, church… Basically, you are ‘complainers on duty’ – anything is a reason to start pointing out the negative sides of things; your eyes cannot focus on the positive.
• Only you are right, and because of this you defend your point of view and try to convince others that they are wrong. Listening to others is not your forte!
• Your topics are always the same. People need the patience to endure listening to you.
• You are always curious and don’t control how annoying you are, to the point that you blurt out inappropriate questions about salaries, intimacy, love life, etc.
• You like to give ‘moral lessons’ to people and don’t even bother to do it privately.
• You like to talk about the defects that people want to hide – a pimple on the nose, protruding ears, the mole that is growing, the dark circles that everyone knows would look perfect on a panda, and the stomach that looks swollen…
The list of annoyances is endless! Don’t be a victim!