Every time we use our faith, we give God no option but to answer us. Even if the wickedest person on earth materialises his faith in the Word of God, God has to fulfil it, as the Word is God and vice versa. It must come to pass.
Every religion explores faith, but which one is the kind that pleases God?
“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6)
You need to know the principles of faith, otherwise your faith will be a religious one and this is the personification of hypocrisy.
1. Conscience – We cannot have a nonsensical, unreasonable faith. Our faith must be intelligent. (2 Timothy 1:12)
2. Word of truth – Yes, yes, no no; have an immaculate character. (Matthew 5:37)
3. Justice – Live in justice with no interest in hurting anyone. (Matthew 23:23)
4. Truth – Live in truth. The further you are from the truth, the closer you are to lies. (Proverbs 12:22)
5. Sincerity – It knows no pretence. (Joshua 24:14)
6. Faithfulness – to God…in everything! (Matthew 25:21)
7. Honour – A heart according to God’s own heart with no need for justifying one’s mistakes. (1 Samuel 2:30)
8. Dignity – The state/quality of being worthy of honour or respect. (Matthew 7:12)
9. Discipline – The Kingdom of God is discipline. (Proverbs 3:11,12)
10. Love – Nothing to do with feelings. In Greek: family, eros and agape. The agape love is the love of God. It is unconditional. (Luke 6:32).
God bless you.
Bishop Randal Brito