We continue to closely follow the development of measures to prevent and contain the spread of COVID-19 at home and abroad. We will always respond promptly and adapt to government advice and guidance, updating our current measures accordingly. Here’s what we’ve done so far:
Before we had to stay home
1. While people were still permitted to come to the HelpCentres for support or as workers, we encouraged everyone to improve and maintain good hygiene and observe social distancing, and everyone should still do this at home. We provided hand gel at entrances and ensured there was a good supply of soap and/or hand gel in toilets for hand washing. We displayed NHS posters in toilets and other critical places providing guidance on sneezing and effective hand washing.
2. We made sure that the surfaces people were most likely to touch, like counter tops, door handles, handrails, light switches, etc, were cleaned regularly and thoroughly.
What we’re doing now
3. Services at all HelpCentres in England, Wales and Northern Ireland have been suspended until further notice from the government to help protect our congregations and the general public from infection.
4. We are broadcasting online services daily to ensure our congregations and the general public have easy access to our support in prayer, inspirational stories and messages, and advice and guidance. The online schedule of services can be found here.
5. All planned events and community groups activities have been suspended for the foreseeable future so that people won’t come out and risk catching or spreading COVID-19.
6. Our offices are closed, with only a very small number of essential workers coming in to produce our online services. They are observing social distancing while working.
7. We are in constant e-contact with sister churches in other affected countries so as to learn from their experiences and be better prepared.
8. We are also exploring other means of spreading the word of God and supporting you all during this global crisis.