What are the requirements for baptism with the Holy Spirit?
No one pours clean water into a dirty cup. Likewise, a person cannot be given the Holy Spirit when there are other spirits dwelling in their body, such as the spirit of envy, dissension, anger, greed, gossip, etc.
- No one is given the Spirit of God as long as they hold a grudge against someone else. God’s greatest forgiveness can only be enjoyed after the person has sincerely forgiven those who hurt them. Only then will the Holy Spirit find a place to dwell in their heart.
- No liar is given the Spirit of Truth. Our yes must be ‘yes’ and our no, ‘no’. We have to tell the truth, because it’s our sincerity that keeps us clean.
- No one can be given the Holy Spirit while they are still attached to the things of the world.
- When a person seeks the baptism in the Holy Spirit they must not let anything accuse them before God. If there is something accusing the person, they have to immediately confess it to the Lord Jesus and ask for His forgiveness.
- You should not think about your family, your bills, yourself or anything else when seeking the Holy Spirit. Rather than making a silent prayer in your mind, you should worship the Lord Jesus with your mouth, telling Him that you love Him, that He is the most important Person in your life and that you are ready to do His holy will.
- If you feel something attempting to distract you, know that you are about to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Obviously, many things will happen to divert your attention and to make you miss out on this great blessing.
When a person is baptised with the Holy Spirit, he immediately receives God’s life-force, which enables him to fight and overcome any battles.