The work of the Holy Spirit remained largely unknown over the countries, after His wonderful manifestation in the Primitive Church. But thanks to the Pentecostal movement, which started in the early 1900s, the nations of the world are again able to know more about the Holy Spirit. As the third Person of the Holy Trinity, the Holy Spirit is no less important than the other Persons. In fact, the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit are virtually one and the same. They are distinct, yet form only one God. It is an unsolvable mystery. It is as though we are saying, 1+1+1=1
What does the baptism with the Holy Spirit mean?
The baptism in the Holy Spirit is a term used to describe the fullness of God dwelling within a person. It means having the power, strength, courage and bravery to live on earth as the Lord Jesus did.
THE AUTHOR OF LIFE
The Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus Christ’s greatest gift to His followers.
What are the requirements for baptism with the Holy Spirit?
No one pours clean water into a dirty cup. Likewise, a person cannot be given the Holy Spirit when there are other spirits dwelling in their body, such as the spirit of envy, dissension, anger, greed, gossip, etc.
- No one is given the Spirit of God as long as they hold a grudge against someone else. God’s greatest forgiveness can only be enjoyed after the person has sincerely forgiven those who hurt them. Only then will the Holy Spirit find a place to dwell in their heart.
- No liar is given the Spirit of Truth. Our yes must be ‘yes’ and our no, ‘no’. We have to tell the truth, because it’s our sincerity that keeps us clean.
- No one can be given the Holy Spirit while they are still attached to the things of the world.
- When a person seeks the baptism in the Holy Spirit they must not let anything accuse them before God. If there is something accusing the person, they have to immediately confess it to the Lord Jesus and ask for His forgiveness.
- You should not think about your family, your bills, yourself or anything else when seeking the Holy Spirit. Rather than making a silent prayer in your mind, you should worship the Lord Jesus with your mouth, telling Him that you love Him, that He is the most important Person in your life and that you are ready to do His holy will.
- If you feel something attempting to distract you, know that you are about to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Obviously, many things will happen to divert your attention and to make you miss out on this great blessing.
When a person is baptised with the Holy Spirit, he immediately receives God’s life-force, which enables him to fight and overcome any battles.
10 Essential tips for the fast of Daniel
- Do not hate or hurt anybody.
- Be obedient to God even if it means going against your will and that of others too.
- Be calm and peaceful and treat everyone with courtesy and respect.
- Have a clean conscience.
- Don’t stay stuck in the past.
- Stay away from those trying to contaminate or destroy your intelligent faith.
- Help others to develop their faith.
- Be revolted against evil, sin, bad habits and behaviour that try to separate you from God.
- Invest in your communion with God.
- Seek the Holy Spirit fervently.