What is tHE LOVE WALK?
FOR THOSE WHO ARE SINGLE, DATING, OR ENGAGED.
The Love Walk is designed to help you get to know yourself better, as well as the person you’re interested in. The dating and engagement periods are the best time to find out more about your partner and see if you both have the same goals. Otherwise, you won’t be able to walk in the same direction.
With this in mind, the Love Walk promotes conversation, so that those who are single, dating or engaged can invest in dialogue and find out more about their partner.
Unfortunately, with the advancement of technology and social networking, few people are willing to invest in a face to face relationship and interact outside the virtual world.
The Love Walk is a chance to change that! To assist you during the conversation and to make the dialogue even more effective, we recommend that you follow the guidelines below.
FOR MARRIED COUPLES.
The Love Walk is designed to help you strengthen your marital relationship. Over time, routine can overwhelm a couple, causing difficulties to arise in the relationship. With this in mind, the Love Walk promotes conversation so that you can create a dialogue and find out how best to meet your partner’s needs.
Unfortunately, many wives and husbands cannot find the right opportunity to open up to each other, either due to lack of time or fear of the other’s reaction.
Why not invite another couple to participate in the Love Walk too?
- Eliminate any distractions and focus on your conversation. Do not take children or pets with you. Switch off your mobile phones. This is your moment, and nobody else’s.
- Decide that the conversation will have a positive approach and that you will not attack, criticise, judge or offend one another. Refuse to allow your conversation to turn into an argument. If there are sore points between you both, that when mentioned escalate into a row, do not talk about them, at least not at the beginning. Start the conversation in a positive manner, following the questions in the Guide.
- Carry this Guide with you during the Walk and ask the questions contained in it during your conversation. Both of you must be sincere when answering each question, if applicable to you.
- Participate in the Walk without worrying about the time. Do not hurry the other person. We recommend you allow at least 2 or 3 hours. Even so, you might not have enough time to answer all the questions and talk about every subject. But understand one thing: the Walk is just the beginning, a stepping-stone to improve communication between you and the other person.
- Do not interrupt the other person, unless you want to clarify a doubt. Listen more and speak less.
We also advise those who are single to walk in public open spaces, avoid secluded areas, and those who are married to prioritise their safety. Remember to carry a bottle of water do prevent dehydration – and maybe even a lunch pack!
LOVE WALK KIT
The Love Walk kit consists of:
Two Love Walk jumpers, (available in small, medium, large and extra-large)
A leaflet which will include valuable questions, for you to use to get to know your other half better. Depending on your relationship status, we offer questions ranging from those who are single to those who are married.
Would you like to buy a Love Walk Kit? Visit www. Christianbooks-plus.com
The Love Walk – promoting dialogue between couples.