- ticket title
- Unwind from the day’s hustle and bustle and be inspired at 10pm every day on libertyradio.co.uk
- Need a listening ear and down to earth advice? Pop into your local UCKG HelpCentre today.
- For more information call the 24-hr National Helpline on 0870 0682 000 (local call rate)
- UCKG HelpCentre Rainbow Theatre, 232 Seven Sisters Road, London, N4 3NX United Kingdom.
A brief guide to the UCKG HelpCentre
This publication has been written as a definitive source of information about the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God (UCKG HelpCentre) and its work in the UK. The content has been thoroughly checked for factual accuracy and may be used by journalists wishing to write about the church.
It covers the church’s pastoral work in terms of charitable outreach and the spiritual support it provides, its organisation and management, role as a registered charity, key players, and the underlying theology which supports its belief system.
The UCKG HelpCentre believes in transparency and welcomes enquiries from anyone with a genuine interest in its work.
We update this guide from time to time as necessary. Further publications are available on a range of topics including the UCKG HelpCentre’s approach to prayer, the Victory Youth Group and the church’s Training Centres.
- The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God (UCKG) was formed in 1977, in Brazil, following a successful evangelistic programme by the Canadian Pentecostal missionary Bishop Robert McAlister
- The Pentecostal movement started 100 years ago in California and has roots in the Methodist movement in 19th century England. It is currently the fastest growing section of the Christian faith.
- Pentecostal churches place great emphasis on the Holy Spirit (which, according to the New Testament, came upon Jesus’ disciples seven weeks after the crucifixion and resurrection that we commemorate at Easter). They believe that just as the Holy Spirit empowered the disciples at the first Pentecost, so it can empower and benefit people today.
- UCKG is an international Pentecostal church, active in over 100 countries.
- UCKG was established in the UK as a Christian spiritual HelpCentre and registered as a charity in 1995.
The objective of the UCKG HelpCentre are to
- Advance the Christian faith;
- Implement general charitable purposes. In practice it helps well-known charities. It also supports the Blood Pressure Association, prison authorities, detention centres, and local Job Centres.
- The UCKG HelpCentre has 27 HelpCentres in the UK including 16 in the Greater London and the southeast.
- It currently provides weekly meetings in various locations, from Bournemouth to Leeds. These operate from hired venues, are open just a few days a week and offer a smaller range of spiritual and outreach services than a HelpCentre.
- The UCKG HelpCentre is funded almost entirely by charitable donations.
- The UCKG HelpCentre actively seeks converts. It promotes its work through a number of free publications, its website, television and radio broadcasts and the media.